Friday, November 26, 2010

Outdoor Holiday spaces

I love the holidays, and I want to decorate and celebrate my home inside & out.  My husband and I are not formal people, and we live in a home that has a wonderful wooded setting which I have filled with lush, english gardens. 

This is a great time of the year to be planting shrubs, so for a Christmas tree on my veranda, I purchased a holly to plant after the holidays. 
I set it on the table that we dine on in the warmer months and decorated it with dried hydrangeas, small silver and white bulbs and tiny colored lights.


I can see this from my kitchen, so it is uplit  from below the table. This is also what I see when I get home, as it is between the garage, drive and house.  How wonderful to see this festive and natural setting awaiting me
after a busy day. 

On the cocktail table, I have used white containers with cuttings from the garden that should last through the season.  The additional berries in the arrangements are from the nandinas, which are throughout the gardens.
I always plant multiples of everything, so there are always plenty of flowers and berries to pick, as well as the fact that a half dozen nandinas on a small incline makes such a wonderful statement.  This is a planting tip that has always served me well.

Let me know how I can help you with your holiday decorating or fall planting.  Just send an emai to:
donna@donnacomstockinteriors, or attach your comments to this blog. HAPPY HOLIDAYS

No comments: